Dr. Monica is a highly qualified board certified orthodontist, dedicated educator as well as an astute and experienced clinician. She is passionate about orthodontics and has excelled both academically and clinically throughout her years of training and practice. She graduated with high honors and a GPA of 4.0 from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, and received The National Board Acheivement Award for her outstanding performance on the Dental Boards. She completed specialization in Orthodontics at Columbia University, where she is currently a faculty, teaching clinical orthodontics, diagnosis and treatment planning. Being an educator keeps her in touch with the latest research and developments in the field and also gives her access to expert opinion from colleagues when needed for more complicated cases. Dr. Monica was a recipient of the prestigious Shepard Award of Disctinction for securing 1st rank first in the national American Board of Orthodontics certification examination. The ABO certification exam tests the diagnostic and clinical skills of orthodontists, and is taken by graduating students and practicing orthodontists country-wide, which lets us truly say that she is one of the best in the country!
At Smile Art, we have an outstanding team, and each team member is focused on making your experience at our office as smooth and efficient as possible. We believe in providing our patients with the same level of professional, friendly and high-quality service that we would want for our friends and family. Our goal is to provide the best orthodontic care possible and our incredible staff is more than qualified to make this goal a reality. You will feel truly cared for and at home in our office.
Our State-of-the-Art Office:
We are a high-tech, computerized, virtually "paperless" office – all charts and patient information is available anywhere in the office, increasing efficiency. Direct Digital X-rays reduce the amount of radiation significantly and offer high quality images available to view immediately after capture. Online patient account services provide our patients with secure online access to view their scheduled appointments, records, payment history, Invisalign® virtual treatment plans, etc.
Our Community Involvement:
We feel strongly about giving back to the community and sponsor local sports teams, support schools in the area through donations and help in other charitable causes through community organizations and non-profit groups. Some of the charities we have been involved with include The Wilton Education Foundation, The Wilton Little League, Autism Speaks, Wilton Young Life, New Canaan Nature Center, Young Women’s League of New Canaan.
- We offer a fun, family-friendly environment: X-Box and PlayStation games; books and toddler cube to keep little siblings entertained, ongoing contests and cool prizes for patients!
- We have an up-to-date infection control and sterilization process with voluntary participation in sterilization monitoring services to ensure the safety of our patients
- Our office bills most insurances directly and accepts payments from them, thus reducing your out-of-pocket expense and saving you time and hassle. We also offer flexible financing options with no interest for your portion of the cost.
- Our office always strives to run on time since we understand that you have a busy schedule and we value your time!
- We have a convenient location in Wilton town center right across from the library.
And most importantly, at our office your comfort and satisfaction is always our priority! We look forward to meeting you and your family!
The Smile Art Team